Shooqi Atrabi is a professional Artist and Graphic Designer living in Nottingham in the UK. He began painting at an early age and soon became fascinated by landscapes. He is working as a artist and, through his travels and experience, has developed an exceptional way of using the watercolour. Acrylic and Oil medium where he has reached new levels in technical ability, strength and depth of colour and sensitivity.
He says that when he is painting landscapes they give him a different level of feeling from where he is transported by the amazing views and colours. Around every corner there is a different story, a love story and stories told by the trees and mountains spanning generations. It is this depth of understanding of his subjects that are reflected in his paintings.He has now established himself in Nottingham, as a Graphic Designer and Artist, where he has held successful solo exhibitions and received stunning reviews.
His pantings show the advanced technical skills of the artist as well as displaying light, sensitivity and harmony in construction. His style ranges from the more traditional views, such as rolling hills, mountains and trees, to cityscapes and architectural features. He continues to explore new subjects and ways of expressing himself through his work is experimenting with acrylic and mixed media, using them in his unique style to produce works of imagination and beauty.
* 2009 completed HND Graphic Design. NCN England.
* 1987 won scholarship to study at V. Surikov Moscow State Academy of Art.
* Member of International Watercolour Society , IWS.
* Member of England Watercolour Society, EWS.
* 2017 His work selected by international judges to join the 1st International watercolour festival IWS Portugal in Torres Vedras. The show was exhibited in several places in Portugal for five months and his work was published in a book which was sponsored by Museum National Dos Coches, Winsor Newton, Escoda, and Rembrant company.
* 2015 - 2017 represented England, along with other British artists, in an international festival exhibition in Fabriano, Italy which is one of the biggest annual events in the watercolour world. He was awarded a certificate from the Watercolour Museum in Fabriano Italy.
* June 2015 one of his works was selected by The Exhibitions of Korea Watercolour Association for their international Trenalie Festival in South Korea to represent England with one other Master artist, Joe Francis Dowden. The festival is held every three years. His painting was exhibited in the Seoul Art Centre for one month and then, for a further month was exhibited at The National Museum of Korea, which was established in 1945. His work was published in a book with the world - master watercolour artists.
* 2013 British Talent Artists. The Committee at East Midlands Airport selected his work, from amongst artists throughout the East Midlands region, to exhibit in their new Airport Gallery for three months.
* Shooqi Atrabi has participated in different group exhibitions and solo exhibitions internationally and locally in Nottingham.
He has been invited by several societies and communities to do demos and workshops and has run several watercolour classes.